Some technical details.
1. It uses TripleDES key to encrypt your data onto the disk.
2. The data on the disk i.e. the encrypted binary is in base64 encoding.
3. Built out of SUN JAVA.
1. It performs the actions of a simple text editor well.
2. Provides encryption for the data. TripleDES with a strong key is good enough and is supported by SUN Java.
3. User provides password from which the encryption key is generated.
4. Since it is purely Java it can run on multiple platforms.
Limitations and Future features:
1. Handles only one file at version 1.0.
2. AES encryption on next version.
3. Since it used TripleDES you will also need unlimited encryption strength policy files from SUN website here OR https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_Developer-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewProductDetail-Start?ProductRef=jce_policy-6-oth-JPR@CDS-CDS_Developer